Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Finding Music

 During my second day of editing I was thankfully in school and able to help my groupmates. We only had one major task today and that was finishing the entire audio for the commercial. The plan was that we each came in with a couple song suggestions and would try them all out. The day before I listened to many different songs ranging from Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd all the way to Good Feeling by Flo Rida. The first song I suggested was Butterfly Effect by Travis Scott. We added it to the commercial and did a couple listen throughs to see how it sounded. Ultimately we decided that it was too slow and didn't fit the energetic nature wanted for the commercial. The second song I suggested was Hot by Young Thug. At first we tried the actual song and didn't like it but then I suggested we use just the beat without the vocals. We definitely liked this one a lot more but still wasn't what we had hoped for. My third and final suggestion was Life Goes On by Lil Baby. Similar to the last song we tried the instrumental and actually liked how it sounded. It wasn't perfect but it was the best song we've tried thus far. After settling for that song, me and bliss focused on the ending where it fades to black into the Nike logo. It took us a while to get right but eventually we did and it looked good. We then ironed out a couple other mistakes in the editing as the day started to wind down. Right before we were ready to call it a day, Luke suggested another song for us to use. The name of the song was Run That Race. After listening to it for the first time I instantly knew that It was perfect for the mood we wanted in the video. So we threw it on the commercial and it sounded just as we'd hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie: Creative Critical Reflection

 My CCR is attached below